Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Italian Chicken & Rice Soup :)


I make lunch for our family of 11 every Sunday after church. With my new diet and my daughter in law with Celiac and my 2 oldest grandsons g/f and casein free, I'm constantly looking for meals everyone can enjoy together. This quick and easy soup was a big hit with everyone!

Italian Chicken & Rice Soup

2- boneless Organic Free Range chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces.
2 - 32 oz containers Organic Free Range Chicken broth
1 - 26 oz Organic meatless spaghetti sauce
2 - large  Organic zucchini - diced
3 to 4 cups cooked rice (depending on how thick you like your soup. I added 4 cups)

In a large pot combine chicken, zucchini and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked through. Add spaghetti sauce and cooked rice and heat through, about 10 minutes. Makes 10 - 12 servings.

I served this with french bread for those who can eat gluten, and made coconut flour honey biscuits for the g/f crowd. I'll share that recipe next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment